Mac Ruby Woo is one of the most desired red lipsticks of all times. It has been designed to suit people of all complexions. It flatters all skin tones but unfortunately the price is not very flattering. It retails for a whooping Rs 1500 (1500 INR). Like all genuine Mac products, Mac Ruby Woo is available only at authorized Mac stores. Recently, nykaa.com started stacking Mac products.
So, for all of those who are craving for this lipstick but cannot afford to buy it due to accessibility woes or financial constraints, here’s a rather affordable and exact dupe to Mac Ruby Woo. The wonder product is Lakme 9 to 5 Crease Less Lipstick in the shade – Red Coat!
Lakme 9 to 5 lipsticks are rather affordable as compared to Mac lipsticks. They retail for Rs 450 (450 INR). However, they are available at much lesser rates on a lot of websites and retail outlets. They are always on discount so you may save an extra 50-100 bucks here and there.
- As far as the shade and swatch is concerned, Mac Ruby Woo and Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat have a very close call. They look exactly similar on the lips as well as when swatched on the hand.
- Pigmentation is also similar in both lipsticks.
- Both lipsticks brighten up the face instantly and suit all skin tones. But Mac Ruby Woo is more flattering because Lakme 9 to 5 – Red Coat has a little bit of sheen to it and that might cause it to look a little bolder.
- Mac Ruby Woo is a bright red lipstick with blue undertones. Therefore, it will make teeth look whiter which is an advantage to people with yellow tinged teeth. Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat, however, has no such properties.
- Mac Ruby Woo has a perfect matte finish while Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat is semi matte.
- Mac Ruby Woo is very light on the lips, while Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat is comparatively heavier.
- Mac Ruby Woo does not smudge for hours while Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat has a lesser staying power because of its semi matte nature.
- As stated above, Mac Ruby Woo retails for 1500 INR while Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat retails for 450 INR plus you may get it at discounted rates at many retail stores and websites. However, Mac products usually don’t carry discounts.
- Mac is available only at authorized Mac stores and selected websites. Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat is available at a lot of retail outlets and umpteen websites since it is a drugstore product. So accessibility might be an issue with Mac Ruby Woo.
- Mac Ruby Woo comes in a typical black outer covering like all Mac products while Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat has a rose gold outer cover.
Shade, effect and pigmentation wise both the lipsticks are exactly akin to each other. The differences lie in their price, packaging, finish and availability.
But given the fact that they come at a much cheaper rate, Lakme 9 to 5 Red Coat is the best and closest dupe of Mac Ruby Woo.
So what are you waiting for? Go girls grab it!