BB creams are all rage these days. Every other brand has come up with their BB cream. BB stands for blemish balm or blemish base or beauty balm. As the name suggests, they cover blemishes, pigmentation, dark spots, etc and help to even out the skin tone.
Formulation wise, BB cream is an amalgamation of serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sun block. So instead of using all of these products individually or one over the other, you may use a BB cream and that would suffice. BB creams are usually lighter than foundations in terms of coverage. However, coverage is slightly buildable. They come in different shades to suit different skin tones. So if you’re not a fan of heavy foundations and are looking for a daily use cream with light to medium coverage, then this is a Holy Grail product for you!
Now the problem with BB creams is that they are a little heavy on the pocket and some brands don’t have a wide array of shades. So you might have a problem finding the right shade to suit your complexion. To solve this issue, we can make a BB cream as per our requisite. Here’s guide on how to make a DIY BB cream at home.
- Take a clean bowl.
- Add one teaspoonful of moisturizer of your choice. You may use any moisturizer that suits you well.
- Add half teaspoonful of primer. This step is optional.
- Add one teaspoonful of foundation. You may use any foundation as per your choice.
- Add one teaspoonful of sunscreen.
- Mix it thoroughly with a spatula.
- Transfer it into a plastic container.
Our DIY home made BB cream is ready to be used!
Note: If the cream turns out lighter than your complexion, you may add some foundation to get the desired color and if the cream is darker than your complexion, you may add some moisturizer to get the appropriate shade.
If you want a shiny and illuminating effect in the cream, add one fourth teaspoonful of highlighter to the mixture. This way the cream would serve as an illuminator or an illuminating base also.
The application procedure is just like that of normal creams. Make dots with the DIY BB cream all over your face. Spread it evenly onto your skin with your fingers, or a beauty blender or a make-up brush. You may follow it up with loose powder or compact powder to set it in case you sweat profusely. In areas where extra coverage is needed, you may apply a second coat of the cream.
- The best part about this DIY BB cream is that we may alter the formulation to suit our needs, especially with regards to shade, which is not possible with commercially available products.
- This cream would literally save people from going through the rigorous make-up regimen involving the application of a moisturizer, primer, foundation and sun block. Hence, it is a time saver.
- It is an all in one product because it moisturizes and nourishes the skin, in addition to providing coverage and sun protection.
- This DIY BB cream may double up as an illuminator if highlighter is added to the formulation, as stated above.
- You don’t have to invest in a commercial BB cream if you have all the ingredients needed to make a BB cream already in your vanity. Just follow the preparation procedure and save up on your money!