Make-up setting spray is the final step of a make-up routine. Setting sprays, as the name suggests, ‘set’ the make-up. They prevent make-up from melting away or getting absorbed into the skin, thereby increasing the longevity of make-up. They are to be sprayed lightly over the finished make-up.
But make-up setting sprays are usually very expensive and might leave you poorer by a few hundred bucks. So, why don’t you just make a setting spray all by yourself without shelling out so much money?
Here’s the procedure to make pocket friendly, DIY make-up setting spray at home.
- Take an empty spray bottle.
- Add two teaspoons of rose water to it. You may use rose water available in market or you may make rose water at home. In case you don’t know how to make natural rose water from rose petals, click on this link:
- Then, slide one teaspoonful of glycerin in the bottle.
- Add one teaspoonful of aloe vera gel to it. You may use marketed aloe vera gel. You may extract pure aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaves in case you don’t have marketed aloe vera gel.
To extract aloe vera gel from leaves, you need to first chop off its thorns and slice the aloe vera leaf horizontally with a knife. Then scrape off the aloe vera gel that is present in the inward surface of aloe vera leaf. Collect the gel in a bowl and beat it with a fork or knife so as to make a uniform mixture devoid of any lumps.
- Pour ten teaspoons of filtered, boiled and cooled plain water in the bottle.
- Shake the bottle vigorously, till all the ingredients mix well to form a homogenous mixture.
Bingo! Your cheap, DIY make-up setting spray is ready to be used.
How to use?
After you’re done with make-up, hold the spray bottle at an arm’s length from your face and spray it lightly over your face. Make sure to spray only once over a certain area. Spraying repeatedly or excessively would make your face sticky. Wait for it to dry before heading out.
Shake well before using it each time.
- This cheap DIY make-up setting spray is an inexpensive substitute to costly make-up setting sprays available in the market.
- It is easy to make and use. It can be made at home in not more than 10 minutes.
- It is very useful for beginners who’ve just started building up their vanity. Investing in expensive make-up setting sprays is not a good idea for beginners as it will take a lot of time and effort to get the technique right.
- It will come in handy when you realize you’re running short of time and your make-up setting spray is over.
- It contains mostly natural ingredients and is therefore, safe to be used.
There are no disadvantages of this DIY make-up setting spray as such.
On and all, this cheap DIY make-up setting spray emerges as a winner! Cheers!