A lot of times, we wake up to swollen or puffy eyes which make us look lethargic and dull. Puffy eyes could occur as a result of stress, improper sleep, dehydration and crying. Over consumption of salt could also lead to puffiness as salt helps to retain water in the body, thereby causing accumulation of fluids under eyes. The accumulated fluid gives a ‘puffed’ look.
Here are a few cheap ways to get rid of puffy eyes instantly in 15 minutes.
- Using Spoons
Yes, you read that right. Spoons can be used to get rid of puffy eyes.
For this method, all you would need is two spoons and you’re sorted.
- Take 2 spoons made of steel.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
In case, you don’t have a refrigerator, place the spoons under running tap water for 5 minutes. Just make sure the water is not hot.
- Now, place the chilled spoons over the puffy areas for 5 minutes.
- Make sure the bulged out portion of the spoon is touching the puffy areas.
- Hold on for 5 minutes and then remove the spoons.
Poof! All the puffiness would be visibly reduced.
The chilled spoons tighten skin and relax blood vessels, thereby reducing puffiness. They also soothe the puffed area.
- Massaging Under Eye Area
This is by far the easiest way to reduce puffiness.
All you have to do is massage the under eye area with your middle finger in circular motion. Do not go hard as the under eye skin is very sensitive. Massage with a very light hand.
Massaging would relocate fluids accumulated under eyes to other areas, thereby reducing puffiness.
- Splashing Cold Water
Splash cold water repeatedly over the puffy areas. Cold water helps to tighten the skin thereby reducing inflammation and puffiness. After about a minute or so, pat the area dry with a soft cloth.
- Using Used Tea Bags
Have you ever thought of how ‘used’ tea bags could be put to use? Here’s a way.
For this method, you would require 2 used tea bags. Either green or black tea bags would do.
- After using tea bags, leave them to cool in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Then place them on closed eye lids or puffy areas for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove them and wash the area with normal or cold water.
Voila! Puffiness would be gone!
Repeat this procedure daily for maximum results.
Tea bags reduce inflammation and redness owing to the enzymes present in tea.
- Cucumbers Slices
Cucumbers help tighten skin owing to enzymes present in them. Plus, they provide a cooling and soothing effect to skin. They are beneficial in reducing inflammation.
- Take 2 thin slices of cucumber.
- Put them in a plastic cover and place the cover in a refrigerator.
- After 10 minutes, take out the chilled cucumber slices and place them over closed eye lids and puffed areas.
- After 10 minutes, remove the slices.
There would be a marked reduction in puffiness.
Repeat this procedure once daily for maximum results.
The above mentioned methods are extremely cheap and highly effective. Instead of investing in creams or ointments, these methods can be used to get rid of puffy eyes instantly. Also, they do not involve the use of sophisticated instruments or procedures and are very easy to do.
These methods are beneficial for people who develop puffy eyes due to allergy as these methods make use of natural ingredients and no synthetic chemicals are involved. Therefore, they will not irritate or sting eyes.
Even if the ingredients used in these processes enter eyes inadvertently, they will not cause any harm as they’re natural.
So it can be safely concluded that there are absolutely no cons of using these methods. Use these methods individually or in combination to get rid of puffy eyes instantly!