Aloe vera gel has been used since times immemorial for its umpteen benefits. Aloe vera gel is an excellent moisturizer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Additionally, it slows down ageing and helps in wound healing as well. It is used to treat acne and tan prone skin also.
Nowadays, a lot of marketed aloe vera gels are available which claim to be ‘pure and natural’, but contain a horde of additives like parabens, preservatives, synthetic chemicals, perfume, coloring agents, etc. So, they fall flat on their claims. Plus, they’re not very economical either, depending on the brand.
So, to put an end to the above problems, here’s an easy way to make affordable, 100% natural DIY aloe vera gel at home in not more than 10 minutes!
- For this you will need one leaf of aloe vera plant.
- Wash the leaf thoroughly to get rid of any external impurities or debris.
- Pat it dry using a soft cloth or let it air dry.
Aloe vera leaf is thick. The outer covering is stiff and green in color while the aloe vera gel is transparent and is present in the middle part of the leaf. The borders have thorns.
- Chop of its thorns from the borders with a knife.
- Slice the aloe vera leaf horizontally with a sharp knife.
- Cut open the leaf.
- You will notice a transparent gel sticking to the inward portions of the leaf. That is pure aloe vera gel.
- Scrape off only the transparent aloe vera gel into a bowl with a knife.
- Discard the green outer covering.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vitamin E oil to the gel. You may use vitamin E oil by cutting open vitamin E oil capsules also.
- Now add 2-3 drops of apple cider vinegar. This will act as a preservative.
- You may add food coloring agents if you want the gel to look colorful and aesthetic. However, this step is optional.
- Blend all the ingredients with a fork or knife. You may use a blender also.
- Transfer the resultant mixture in a clean and dry bottle.
Voila! Your DIY 100% natural home-made aloe vera gel is ready!
How to use?
Take a little amount of it on your fingers and massage it into your skin in circular motion till it gets absorbed into the skin.
You may apply this gel twice a day.
Make sure to shake the container well before use as aloe vera gel has a tendency to settle down owing to weight.
You may store it in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Benefits Of DIY Aloe Vera Gel:
- It is highly affordable as compared to awfully expensive aloe vera gels available in the market.
- It is 100% pure and natural.
- It is free from synthetic chemicals, preservatives, parabens and other additives which might harm people with sensitive skin.
- It is extremely easy to make and use. You don’t need sophisticated instruments to make it. Most of the ingredients are available at home. It is less time consuming than going out and buying aloe vera gel from the market!
There are absolutely no cons of this DIY aloe vera gel. Hence, this DIY aloe vera gel emerges a winner.
Also, given the fact that aloe vera gel has a zillion benefits, you should definitely try making it at home.
So, before you decide to invest in costly branded synthetic aloe vera gels, make sure to give this DIY aloe vera gel a try. You can save up on those extra bucks and time also!