Face washes are the first and foremost part of all skin care routines. There are hordes of face washes available in the market that claim to reduce acne, brighten complexion, slow down ageing, remove sun tan, etc. But most of them fail to live up to the claims they make.
A few that actually work are not really on the cheaper side and hence, buying them time and again can burn a hole in your pocket.
Here’s an easy, cost-effective way to make your own DIY face wash at home in just 5 minutes!
This DIY face wash is extremely effective and shows amazing guaranteed results on skin.
For making this DIY Face Wash, you would need:
- Aloe Vera gel
- White sandalwood powder
- Baby shampoo
Take a clean and dry bottle.
Add one teaspoon of honey to it.
Then, add one teaspoon of aloe vera gel to it. You can either use DIY aloe vera gel made at home or use readymade aloe vera gel available in the markets. In case you don’t know how to make aloe vera gel at home, click on the link below:
Now add one teaspoon of white sandalwood powder to the bottle.
Finally pour one teaspoon of baby shampoo in the bottle. You may use baby shampoo of any brand of your choice.
Close the lid and shake the bottle vigorously to make a homogenous mixture of uniform consistency.
Voila! Your DIY Face Wash is ready!
- Honey has anti-bacterial properties and helps fight acne. It is also an anti-oxidant and an excellent moisturizer.
- Aloe vera gel is an excellent moisturizer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Additionally, it slows down ageing and helps in wound healing as well. It is used to treat acne and tan prone skin also.
- White sandalwood powder has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. It also helps to lighten skin tone, remove sun tan, provides relief from prickly heat and slows down ageing.
- The idea behind using a baby shampoo is that baby shampoos are very mild on the skin and will not dehydrate the skin.
How to use?
Take a little amount of it on your hand and massage it on to your wet skin with your fingers till it starts to foam. Then wash off with plain water. Use it twice daily for best results.
Make sure not to contaminate the face wash with water or other impurities.
- This DIY face wash is comparatively cheaper and affordable as compared to marketed face washes that can be very expensive. So, if you’re low on budget and cannot afford expensive face washes, this DIY face wash is a Holy Grail product for you!
- It is very mild as most of the ingredients used are natural and non-synthetic except for the baby shampoo. Baby shampoo is very mild on the skin as well.
- One can make this DIY face wash at home in just 5 minutes. The procedure is very easy and not very time consuming either. Most of the ingredients you would need are available at home itself.
- This DIY face wash comes in very handy when you are in a tearing hurry and you realize you’ve run out of face wash. This DIY face wash would save your time, efforts and money!
- As mentioned above, most of the ingredients used are natural and each one of it has umpteen benefits.
On and all, this DIY face wash doesn’t have any cons and regular use of this face wash would help reduce acne, pimples and sun tan.
So, make sure to give this DIY face wash a try before splurging on awfully expensive and ineffective face washes available in the market.