For those of you who aren’t well versed with the idea of make-up setting sprays, here’s some context.
Make-up setting spray forms the concluding part of any make-up routine and is meant to be sprayed lightly over finished make-up look. Make-up setting sprays, as the name suggests, ‘set’ the make-up. They prevent make-up from melting away or getting absorbed into the skin, thereby increasing the longevity of make-up. They also intensify make-up.
As for Mac Fix Plus, it is a premium make-up setting spray from the reputed brand Mac. It is an excellent make-up setting spray as it is very light, cool, refreshing, non-sticky and makes make-up stay for a zillion hours!
However, the major disadvantage of Mac Fix Plus is that it is very expensive. It retails for almost $ 24 (1150 INR) for 100 ml of the product which is a bit too much to afford.
Here’s an exact dupe of Mac Fix Plus, which you can make at home in just 2 minutes using only 2 ingredients. Read on to know how.
Take a clean and empty spray bottle.
Pour 3 tablespoons of glycerine into it. In case you have oily skin, you may reduce the amount to 1 and a half tablespoon.
Add 6 tablespoons of rose water to the bottle. You may use bottled rose water available in markets or homemade rose water also. In case you don’t know how to make rose water at home, click on the link below:
Finally, add 12 tablespoons of water to the bottle. Make sure the water is filtered, boiled and cooled.
Now, close the lid of the spray bottle and shake it vigorously till all the ingredients infuse with each other properly.
Voila! Our DIY Mac Fix Plus is ready!
Glycerine and water account for the major part of the ingredients in the original Mac Fix Plus.
How to use?
After you’re done with make-up, hold the spray bottle at an arm’s length from your face and spray it lightly over your face. Make sure to spray only once over a certain area. Spraying repeatedly or excessively would make your face sticky. Wait for it to dry before heading out.
Shake well before using it each time.
- This dupe of Mac Fix Plus is an extremely cheap alternative to the awfully expensive Mac Fix Plus which costs around 24 USD (1150 INR). So, money wise, this dupe gets double thumbs up!
- It is extremely easy to make and use. It will take just 2 minutes of your time! So this is not a time consuming DIY either.
- It is very useful for beginners who’ve just started building up their vanity. Investing in costly Mac Fix Plus is not a good idea for beginners as it will take a lot of time and effort to get the technique right. So, you may make your own DIY Mac Fix Plus and save up all those bucks!
- It will come in handy when you realize you’re running short of time and your original Mac Fix Plus setting spray is over.
- Mac products are available only in Mac stores. So, if you do not have access to Mac stores, this DIY would be a savior.
- One can alter the ingredients as per individual needs. In case one has oily skin, you can reduce the amount of glycerine that goes into the spray and vice versa.
As there are practically no cons as such, this affordable DIY or dupe of Mac Fix Plus gets double thumbs up!
Do give this a try before thinking of buying Mac Fix Plus and save up all those bucks!